DEADLINE IS JULY 3rd FOR FALL OUTAGE
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company specializing in construction & engineering, staffing and defense—for leading corporations and governments around the world.
Day & Zimmerman is looking for students who have basic knowledge in fire watch, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Interns will be responsible for performing entry-level tasks such as; fire watch, parts runner, clean-up, and general labor. Duties are NOT limited to these assignments. This is a great opportunity for students to make connectioned in the industry and get real world experience to build their resume. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A with completion of MIT 120, 121, and 122. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Internship Duration: during outage, typically 6-8 weeks
- Be responsible for "entry level" tasks in fire watch, parts running, clean-up, and general industrial/mechanical labor.
- If Applicable: Mid-level tasks include: light electrical, light mechanical, or light instrumentation assignments with oversight. Please make sure you highlight these skills in your resume and coverletter.
- Currently enrolled at EMCC in the IMET or Get Into Energy program
- Min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Capable in working in construction or industrial environments with moving machinery
- Arduous and receptive to instructions and procedures involving light, heavy, and/or manual task requiring exertion