DEADLINE: MARCH 16th
Duration: June 4th-August 3rd
MIN 20 hours per week
Are you a designer? Support the Marketing & Commumcation
team to coordinate print publications, advertising, public relations, and First Fridays in this
unique opportunity to learn all facets of the advertising, editorial, and event process at Phoenix
What we’re looking for:
• An undergraduate student currently enrolled at EMCC
• Communication, design, design production management majors, public relations and
marketing, journalism, or related field of study
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and production of Public Programs Card and Member's magazine
- Create an advertising schedule and contact list
- Assist to produce First Friday and other Marketing events
What you’ll need:
- Microsott Otlice (Word, .Excel, PowerPoint) experience required
- Knowledge of Creative Suite, Basecamp, and/or event-organizing is an advantage Strong
- organizational skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude!
Applicants should carefully review individual internship descriptions to make sure that they meet all criteria before applying.
- The internship program at Phoenix Art Museum provides current undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates (within one year from graduation date) with opportunities to work on projects directed by Museum staff.
- Interns are introduced to the broad spectrum of museum work and to Museum staff, departments, programs and operations.
- Internships are offered in three sessions per year: Spring, Summer and Fall. Summer interns generally work 20 hours per week; schedules may vary slightly to accommodate departmental needs. The summer internship session begins in early June and lasts for nine weeks, for a total of at least 160 work hours. Fall/Spring semester schedules vary according to the internship position and to accommodate class schedules, but total at least 125 work hours.
- Interns can only participate in one session with the possibility of applying for an extension into a second session (i.e. internships can last a maximum of 2 sessions).
- Unless otherwise noted ALL internships at Phoenix Art Museum are performed on a volunteer basis. Museum staff members aid in the intern’s pursuit of academic credit, if applicable.
- All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum.