To Apply: Students MUST schedule a Resume/Cover Letter appointment with the Career and Transfer Center BEFORE you submit an application!
The Career and Transfer Center and APS are looking for students who are interested in gaining career experience in Energy-Fossil Generation. Students will be able to shadow APS at their Ocotillo Power Station, Red Hawk Power Station, and their West Phx Power Station and get hands-on training at their Ocotillo Training Center.
This opportunity is flexible and will fit around your school schedule. Students are expected to shadow for 6-8hours per day (i.e. Ocotillo training=two days, each power station is one day each)
- Attend a two-day training at Ocotillo Training Facility, courtesy of APS (first day of job shadowing TBD)
- Attend 6-8hour per day job shadowing experience; one day at a time at the three local power stations (flexible with your schedule)
- Shadow current APS professionals that are working in management, engineers, journeymen, etc.
All applicants must
- Have completed PPT 120 and CPD 104
- Be currently enrolled at EMCC
- Able to shadow for 6-8 hours on week days (flexible)
- Have a 2.5 GPA or above
- Be interested in the Energy industry
- Include all of this on both your resume and cover letter (must schedule an appointment with the CTC)