The Career and Transfer Center and APS are looking for 5 students who are interested in gaining career experience in Energy-Fossil Generation. Students will be able to shadow APS at their Ocotillo Power Station, Red Hawk Power Station, and their West Phx Power Station and get hands-on training at their Ocotillo Training Center. Students have the opportunity to obtain a $500 stipend for their participation.
Students are expected to shadow for 4-6 hours per day (i.e. Ocotillo training=one day, each power station is one day each)
Schedules are flexible depending on the schedules of selected students. For more information please contact Alexandra Camacho in the Career and Transfer Center or at 623-935-8740 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Students must submit an online application, a resume, and a cover letter. For assistance with the resume/cover letter please visit the Career and Transfer Center to schedule an appointment.
- Attend training at Ocotillo Training Facility (first day of job shadowing TBD)
- Attend 4-6hour job shadowing experience one day at a time at the three local power stations
- Shadow current APS professionals that are working in management, energy, journeymen, etc.
All applicants must
- Have completed PPT 120 and CPD 104
- Be currently enrolled at EMCC
- Able to work 4-6 hours on week days (flexible)
- Have a 2.5 GPA or above
- Be interested in the Energy industry
- Share all of this on both your resume and cover letter