Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Chemistry Student Learning Facilitator I positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring for chemistry and closely related courses in the Academic Success Center.
- 90% Provides in-person tutoring to students in the Science Success area of the Academic Success Center; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of "A") in CHM 151 or equivalent
- Knowledge of instructional methods used at Estrella Mountain Community College to teach Chemistry
- Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge
- Successful completion (grade of "A") in CHM 130 and CHM152
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Please include unofficial transcripts in application. Applications without transcripts will be classified as incomplete.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Positions open until filled.
- Incumbents to start Spring 2018 semester.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.